Wednesday, March 18, 2009

As I embark on this amazing journey, I want to share with anyone interested, my many ups and downs of this adventure in my quilting quest.

My name is Jennifer and I'm 28 years old. I'm married to a great guy, Matt, who complains, but supports all my hobbies and interests. I've crocheted, knitted, cross-stitched, scrapbooked, and now my latest quest, quilting, all thanks to the inspiration of my Mother-In-Law. I also have 2 children, both girls. Angela is my oldest. She'll be 10 on May 20th. Abigail, who is a true blessing, will turn 1 on May 24th. As you can see, I'll have my hands full that week! I do also have five pets. Four cats and one dog. The cats, at least a couple of them, love to incorporate themselves into my work, by leaving pieces of fur here and there on my fabric. If I'm not careful, they will use the fabrics as their own personal beds :)

I'm a beginner at quilting, having only made a few 12" blocks. I'm making a sampler quilt for myself, as well as my family. I'm using blocks patterns from www.quilterscache.com. Thanks Marcia!!! So far, I have 3 good blocks that will be used in this quilt. I have a Monkey Wrench (Snail's Trail), Jacob's Ladder, and an Ohio Star. I've made a few others that have come very short of 12" square, so I've put those aside for use in a quilt that will use smaller blocks.

When I have a few moments, I will post pictures of my completed blocks.

Thank you so much for taking interest in my blog and taking part in my amazing journey. I hope you'll leave comments, advice, tips and anything else to help me along the way.

Much love and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your blog! Look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete